Power’s 2017 fixture released
ANZAC ROUND and Multicultural Round matches join the historic first premiership season game in China in Port Adelaide’s 2017 fixture.
Port Adelaide will host the Blues in Anzac Round on Friday April 21 – a night clash at the Adelaide Oval – before taking on the Saints in a Saturday twilight clash for Multicultural Round.
The fixture sees Port achieve its two fixture ‘requests’ to the AFL – namely ratifying its Round 8 clash in Shanghai and a home game in Anzac Round.
Starting the season against the Swans at the SCG (as reported on Sunday), the Power has netted an exciting draw consisting of four night games at the Adelaide Oval and two games at the MCG.
Port will play at ’boutique’ venues in Canberra (in Round 4 against GWS) and Ballarat (in Round 22 against the Western Bulldogs), in addition to the highly-anticipated first game for premiership points in Shanghai.
With five national-broadcast games, the Power is well-placed to benefit from a commercially viable draw, supporting its strong mix of home games, including four night games and three Saturday twilight games.
Notable elements of the fixture include:
- Port Adelaide will travel 10 times in the 2017 season – including five trips to Victoria, once each to the ACT, New South Wales, Queensland and WA, and the historic trip to Shanghai in China.
- An out-of-sequence bye for the Power and Suns has been programmed into Round 9, allowing for a one-week recovery following the China game; all other AFL byes will take place between rounds 11 and 13.
- Thursday night, Friday night and two Saturday night games at home.
- The Power’s first game at Simonds Stadium since 2013, a night clash against the Cats in Round 10.
- It will also play against the reigning premiers, the Western Bulldogs, at Eureka Stadium in Ballarat in Round 22.
- The first home Showdown of the season, and multicultural round, and ANZAC Round are keynote events.
- The Power plays the Crows, West Coast, Collingwood, Gold Coast and Brisbane in double-up fixtures.
- The Power never travels in consecutive weeks.
Experience the 2017 season with Port Adelaide
To view the fixture round by round click here